Training of Trainers on Online Safety for Vulnerable Groups, inaugurated by Ms. Montasir Jahan, Additional Deputy Commissioner (Education & ICT), Khagrachhari Hill District. August 14, 2023.
Project Title: Safe Digital Space for Girls and Youth (SDSGY)
Impact: Reduced risks of girls and youth specially from most marginalized communities with adequate knowledge and skills, digital resilience and a supportive environment.
Outcome: Increased foundational digital skills, informed behavior and responsibility of girls and young people while using online platforms
Total Targeted Girls and Youth: 35,000 most marginalized girls and youth from Chittagong hill tracts including 500 local government representatives with basic digital skills and online safety information.
Gender segregation: 55% of the total target group will be girls and women.
- Girls and youth are trained with digital and online safety skills and resilience to address online safety issues;
- Local and national girls and youth-led campaign is held to ensure safe environment for girls and youth.
- Dipstick survey to map skills need of youth groups;
- Contextualization and modification of modules;
- Training material development (online and offline);
- Trainer pool development;
- Provide face to face and online trainings on digital skills and online safety to girls and youth;
- Collect data and evidence to capture the results;
- Conduct Girls and community based youth led campaign;
- Conduct National level campaign;
- Audio Visual campaign resource development;
- Community Radio show;
- Girls and youth driven story telling;
- Local and National learning sharing events.
Project Location: All upazilas of Kahgarchhari, and sadar upazilas of Rangamati and Bandarban hill districts
Map source: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Location-map-the-CHT-region-Bangladesh-showing-the-three-hill-districts_fig1_322955233