Name of Project: Promoting a Network of Village Common Forests (VCFs) and Building Capacity of the Network Members in Chittagong Hill Tracts
Source of Fund: CHTWCA, SID-CHT, CHTDF-UNDP
Project Duration: September 2016 to November 2017
Project Location: Three Hill District
Project Budget: 12,198,420 (Twelve million one hundred ninety eight thousand four hundred and twenty taka),
Three hill district Rangmati, Khagrachari and Bandarban
146 No of VCFs of Chakma Circle
110 No of VCFs of Bomang Circle
55 No of VCFs of Mong Circle
310 No of Mouzas of three circles
Programme Area: Environment
Type of Activities: Assist to form a network of VCF, assist to formulate a by-law, capacity building of the network leaders, organize linkage building workshop at regional and national level.
Goal: Well-functioning VCF network established for conserving and managing Village Common Forest across Chittagong Hill Tracts
Purpose: Establish a network of VCF communities and enhance capacities of network members.
- VCF Network formed in order to lead the VCF communities in protecting their VCFs;
- Developed the structure of Network, vision, mission, goal and core values for the bylaws of the network;
- Capacity development training organized for the VCF network members on various issues, and local, national and global frameworks on the issues of forestry, VCF and NRM.
- 300 Information kits made available of the information on various local, national and global frameworks on the issues of forestry, VCF and NRM;
- Facilitated VCF network members in developing sustainability Plan of their
- Key Informant Interview
- Community consultation at sub-district level
- District level community consultation workshop
- Formation of the district convening committee
- Organize workshop to formulate by-law for Village Common Forest Network (regional level)
- Draft bylaws sharing/validation meeting (district level)
- Organize CHT VCF Convention
- Support district level network committee formation
- Information kits production (user-friendly version of local, national and international framework on forestry, VCF, NRM etc.)
- Capacity Needs Assessment workshop
- Capacity building training for network members (Rights, Advocacy, leadership, Gender, Dispute Resolution, Financial Management)
- Linkage Building Meeting at regional level
- Linkage Building Meeting at national level
- Project end publication
- A bylaw has been developed with a published written document which included mission, vision, objectives and VCF declaration to guide VCF activities.
- Network members are sensitized on importance of VCF and motivated to conserve through series of workshop at district and sub district level workshop.
- Network members received Leadership skill development training and importance of women participation in decision making process to carryout network activities.
- Bylaws has been endorsed in presence of 100 VCF and 189 participants in the VCF convention
- A Central and three district level CHT VCF network committee have been formed.
- 100% of VCF network members received 5 types of training in 03 hill districts.
- 100% of user-friendly information kit is published and produced with various local, national and global frameworks on the issues of forestry, VCF and NRM.
- CHT VCF network developed a sustainable plan with future directions.
- Conducted 03 district level by-laws sharing workshop to get constructive feedbacks to finalize bylaws.
- VCF declaration has been developed to raise community voice.
- 07 sub-district level network committee formed at upazila level.
- Identified the Key issues to build capacity among the VCF network members through capacity needs assessment.
- 92 VCF community leaders received importance of women participation in decision making process.
- 3 specific training courses on covering 63 participants provided to the VCF network leaders and members as per their capacity needs identified through CNA process and strategic planning.
- 80% VCF leaders of VCF regional network shared their training knowledge with other network members and VCF members.
- 350 reader-friendly info-kits developed and printed on different local, national and international Frameworks that are being used at VCF community.
- A five-year strategic plan has been developed for the VCF network.
- A bank account of the VCF network opened at the local Bank for both, district and Central network committee.
- Linkage building workshops at regional and national level have been organized.
- 300 Project End Publication printed.