Name of project: Helping Children Growing as Active Citizen (HCGAC)
Source of fund: Plan International Bangladesh.
Duration: (January 2017-June 2018).
Project location: Paltonjoy para, Perachra union, Khagrachhari.
# of village: 01
# of union: 01
# of upazila: 01
# of children: Boys=22, Girls=08
Program Area: Education and Health awareness.
Type of Activities:
- Awareness raising
- Community mobilization
– To improve the realization of child rights in Bangladesh by promoting greater participation of children in monitoring and reporting processes.
– To promote child rights through active children participation at local and national level.
- To aware about the rights for Socially excluded Children’s Groups –isolated
- Children from excluded groups have access to NCTF Activities and existing child rights
- To aware about the bad impacts on early marriage.
- Quarterly FGD Conduction for data collection on child rights Violation from 1 excluded group; Total 02 no. FGD conducted at Paltonjoy para in Parachara union at Khagrachhari district. A total 24 member participated in the FGD and they shared health situation in the local government hospital.
- Bi-monthly meeting of Socially excluded children’s groups (1group); Three bi-monthly meeting held in Paltonjoy para at Parachara union at Khagrachari district.
- Organize training for the Socially Excluded Children’s groups for 02days; Two days training was held on 14 and 15 September 2017 in Paltonjoy para, Perachara union, Khagrachari. 11 children, 02 facilitator and 02 organizational representative participated in the training.