Project Title: Grassroots Initiative for Quality Education
Source of Fund: Manusher Jonno Foundation
Project Duration: From 1 August 2013 to 31 December 2015 (3 Years 5 Months)
Budget amount in BDT: 34,197,697 (Three Crore Forty One Lac Ninety Seven Thousand Six Hundred Ninety Seven Taka Only.)
Partner: Kabidang (Sub-Parter), working at Dighinala upazila, project staff- 6 (F=3, M=3), Budget= 6,578,060 (Out of total project budget)
Purpose: Improved human development and secure livelihood of marginalized CHT communities through ensuring quality education, appropriate skills and preserving culture and heritage for self-sustaining community development and human dignity.
Objective: Increased availability of basic education services, opportunities for development of human skills, and capacity of local community & institutions to ensure human rights for disadvantaged communities in Khagrachari Hill district.
- 10,000 students received primary education services and among them 4,000 (40% of total targeted students) successfully completed class V (Primary School Certificate examination) from targeted 70 schools by December 2016
- 2,100 members from involved MG, PTA and SMC (school based communities) are capable in managing school development activities including group IGA, MG activities and school registration.
- Students are getting appropriate education including rights to education in mother tongue and class conduction in cultural-friendly atmosphere and practicing extra-curricular activities for preserving their tradition by 2016.
- The sub-partner organization is capable to implement the program activities efficiently and achieve organization development.
Major Activities of this project:
- Data collection and update.
- Baseline survey.
- School selection meeting at upazila level.
- Compilation of Child profile.
- Child survey to ensure increased enrollment rate, tracking & decreasing dropout rate.
- School renovation support.
- Teachers’ training on subjective (math and English of class V).
- Teachers’ training on basic teaching (class VI+).
- Refreshers training on subjective (math and English of class V).
- Refreshers training on basic teaching (class VI+).
- Teachers’ training on use of first language as language of instruction.
- Grant support for extra-curricular activities.
- Teachers’ training for extra-curricular activities.
- Refreshers training on extra-curricular activities.
- Support for PSC Result Improvement- (a) Coaching for class V students and (b) Conducting model test
- IEC materials for MLE in Chakma, Marma and Tripura.
- Parents’ conference and annual sports competition.
- Health check-up camp at 70 schools.
- Staff capacity building training.
- CHT based study circle on NCTB textbooks as annual basis.
- Delegation to HDC and NCTB authorities to raise people’s voice.
- School Community meeting (SMC, PTA, MG).
- Documentary film show & motivational session.
- Learning visit to country’s best school.
- IGA plan formulation & guideline development.
- Orientation workshop on role and responsibilities of Mother Group.
- Orientation workshop on Gender friendly school and CVAW
- Training on School management.
- Review of organization policies and develop policies as required for the sub-partners NGO.
- On-job training on operational skill development for the sub-partner staff members
Project manpower/human resource: